Thursday, June 28, 2012

Zouk Gastronomical Delights

Few weeks back, I gave a sweet surprise treat for my close friend, Kavitha for her 27th birthday at Zouk Cafe Bar @ The Gardens. Not only was I excited for it but also really felt this was a way for me show appreciation of our friendship. A sheer coincidence that Zouk Cafe is lovely place to spend leisure time with best buds. I remembered the last time I had snippets with my dear friend before she set off to States with her hubby.  

Zouk Cafe Bar is on the ground level, prominently located right next to the main entrance to the Gardens opposite of Midvalley. The café looks chic with contemporary finesse that makes its ambiance cozy for a relaxing dining. The concept is fresh and oozing with zing. The café bar comes with two dining hall; indoor and outdoor which is closer to the fountain. 


Both of us were seated in the lounge with a cozy ambiance where we get to feel serene in the midst of nice selection of music tracks being played. As we made ourselves comfortable in the cushiony chair, the waiter furnished us with the menu. With conversation still on the go, we ogled through the menu card to find something that can satisfy our appetite. The choice of food looks tantalizing fit for my taste. 

Kavi ravished on the pan fried salmon with a tropical juice while I went for chicken parmigiana with a splash of lemonade. Kavi’s portion of dish is just nice while mine was a bit huge for me (knowing me I am not a great-eater). But it was good for a lunch meal. I must say the scrap of fries was too generous for a person. The food was delicious and absolutely divine. Fresh coleslaw, crispy fries, tender chicken breast with a topping of lemonade was zesty to end the day with. 

The juicy Chicken Parmigiana

 

Savoury Pan Fried Salmon


 I enjoyed every bite of it and so do Kavi. A beautiful treat for my bestie. Happy Birthday dear! It was a fond memory of simple yet sweet celebration of birthday. I guess as we grow older, we prefer a quiet, warm and pleasant birthday celebration.

P.s. Can’t wait for our hi-tea in few weeks time!

No comments:

Post a Comment