Thursday, June 28, 2012

June: A mere hiatus

June is a month with mixed emotions and events filling up the moments. Completion of scientific advisory meeting brings a new feel that euphoric rush of freedom, as I throw my super-tight schedule into the air. The relaxation time arrives and I am looking forward to be treated to the fabulous time of the year. Then, Father's Day was a special time to celebrate a day with dad. My good friend hamster is blessed with her bundle of joy last week. My senior principle scientist, Prof Sanusi retired just to be with his family in US. It was a saddest moment for all of us in office as he was a good colleague and supervisor. There are more things happening in June indeed. 
After a short hiatus from blogosphere, here I am back with a bang. I felt my mind gone astray with many things at the back of my mind. Perhaps I was just too tired of being tired for the past couple of weeks due for the SAC meeting. SAC meeting is a platform for the battle of the brains at the research centre that I am working with. It happens bi-annually which just drains away all my energy. After which we take a huge relief by sitting back, unwind and enjoy the moments till I regain myself. 

Mind you that this does not mean that I can totally whisk away from my project schedule. More challenging and intriguing stuffs can be felt through the progress in my project. In fact I am getting excited about it by which means I have more work to do and new things to learn. More so, my project carries the weight to generate genetic markers related to the trait of interest to be incorporated into the SD breeding programme as soon as possible. Excitement as well as stress is building up within me.
I need a break!
However, June is coming to an end. It’s time to say bye to June till we meet next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment