Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dad....


After much anticipation, the third Sunday of June has come and gone. For dads, this was a special day to appreciate their presence in a child’s life. And most of us must have been planning to splurge in a surprise bash to fathers and make them feel appreciated. As I got up this morning, I was deluged with thoughts of how my dad showered his overflowing love, compassion and overprotected his girls all these years, little that I remember. Indeed, Father’s Day is a day to stop-remember-honor a father’s devotion in everybody’s life. After all, dad is the most powerful icon which made our life worth living. Take a bow, dad! So, today I am all set to bring before you a dedication which will win your hearts for sure exclusively for my loving father. I believe I and my sister made best efforts to make his day memorable. A simple but sweet celebration of his day (he just doesn’t want to trouble his little girls although we would love to give the most luxurious celebration). That is simply how his beautiful heart is.


Ever since I was a little girl till today, my dad has been a constant, loving resource with lots of inspiring stories, recipe for a good life, and words of encouragement. My bittersweet experiences in my growing years of life in a blasé family, I learnt the most essential message that is notable; Parents will always be our best friends in the world no matter what happens. And trust me, most of you reading this post will be beaming in conformity. In that sense, I would be more than happy to say I am gifted to have non-authoritarian parents.


If a mother is a girl’s best friend, then fathers will be a girl’s first hero in her life. Right from the day girl’s step into the world, she is all geared to carry the burden of life in her fragile shoulder. Before you knew it, the little girl has become a young woman, and nurturing her isn't easy at all. It is pretty daunting task for any father. Now that I am a big girl now, it seems pretty amusing to reflect back on those years when my dad gets little edgy over me and my sister just to make sure we are perfectly fine wherever we are. I wouldn’t say things have changed now since we have metamorphed into independent, young women. Ha-ha! We are still his little princesses and savoring his affection for as long as we have him around us. I truly believe that a woman's sense of worth as a woman, and as a person, is commonly rooted in her experience with her father.






It is a blessing if we are bestowed with a really awesome dad as a guiding star, well-wisher, best friend and also a pillar of strength. If mothers makes home a heaven, fathers plays the role as the foundation to shape a child’s personality. As a daughter I can strongly vouch that my dad is a source of inspiration for me all my life in various ways. He makes us girls shine like superstar.

As much as I can remember vaguely, I remember dad works hard to give his little princesses a good life. In his early days of career, his salary was meager and that was the reason when he was away on some nights when work seemed to have no end for him. Though he knew his girls need his affection during our growing up years, he made sure weekends were exclusively for us. He’d take us to the shopping mall for one day out as a family. Over the years as we grew up, dad would take us for a drive around the city to savor the panorama, indulge us to a fine dinner, or a quick getaway to nearby town or holiday resort just to enjoy the time together as a family while giving us the best of our childhood. The best time with dad will be shopping spree. Simply because dad always let us gets things that mom usually would not allow us to buy. On weekends, if we don’t go out, running errands around the house, washing car together or the recreation park near to our house were perfect for him to take us for a walk or exercise. For a busy man like him, dad will fit in the quality time however he can. And my dad made sure we knew he loved us through time with us.
 
As a daughter, I believe dad is their very first man we look up for love and thus setting the standards for our life partner that will enter our life at some point of time. In fact, I saw the beautiful and loving qualities of my dad in my husband when I first met him fours year ago. The prince of my heart whom emulates all the fine traits that I saw in my dad. Lucky me to have them both.

Dad, you are a gift in my life. Your daughters are proud of being blessed with a father like you. Nobody can fill in the place of yours in our life. You will always be our superhero whom deserves our affection, love and care. Thanks dad for making me what I am today, for giving me a life, adoration, fondness and warmth. Thanks dad for giving me an angel mother; to whom I can look up to and makes our life colorful than ever.

I love you acha!

No comments:

Post a Comment