Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wretched Wednesday

I was on my way to my SDTC office in UPM-MTDC. It was a sunny Wednesday with rays shining through clouds. I was looking forward for a beautiful day as I have a list of agenda to work on for the week. As I hit the KL-Seremban expressway, a spin off from the Mahameru highway, I didn’t suspect there would be an abrupt traffic crawl ahead of me. Rush hour is far from over. It was 8am and I was driving on 90-100km/hour speed. As the Desa Petaling road draws closer, the traffic started slowing down gradually to about 30-40km/hr. I knew it was an accident otherwise congestion is unlikely for this direction of passageway. As a quick response, I dash for the volume panel of my car radio in order to get an insight of traffic report for KL-Seremban expressway. Fly Fm was my favorite radio station particularly in the morning as I commute to work laughing away to Prem and Jules shenanigans.
After 5 minutes into the area, I saw there was a traffic wedge on the opposite lane of traffic where police were gathered with an ambulance stand-in on site. I still couldn’t visibly see the accident scene till I my car inched up further. The moment I glanced across the road on my right, I froze for a split second. I couldn’t speak and my emotions were fluttering. There was a casualty as I noticed a body on the road was covered with black cover. I sneak a quick look through the lifeless body lying motionless on the road. It took a few minutes for me to understand what had happened. The accident happened earlier and all that was left was a large motorbike toppled with everything shattered on the road. The police personnel were clearing up the mess. My mood swung immediately. A grim atmosphere and a sense of melancholy serenaded the Wednesday morning.
The traffic flow eases in 20m after the site of the incident. As I hit on the accelerator, making my way to work, the scenario keep playing in my mind and from behind I heard the siren of the ambulance rushing the injured victim to hospital. I prayed for the victim to survive and to give them the strength to cope with the death of their partner. This was very tragic accident I saw ever in my life. It was certainly not an encouraging sight to start your day with.

I just hope the rest of the day will be good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment