Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Paradox of life


Did you ever dwell on the absurdity of life? There were days in one’s life that you are boisterously happy, some days that you’re just alright, and other days one wish we could either wind back and start all over again, or fast-forward through. I do. On one fine Sunday evening as I was sitting on my balcony while enjoying the cool breeze, my thoughts started to drift away far into the horizon overlooking the mountain opposite my house (my house is on a hilly top btw). It made me contemplate on the meaning of life and why things happen the way they do. Is it the destiny of life or our own actions that make up our life? Why do things happen the way they do? One thing I believe is, the Lord is steering our lives from up above.
Since last year, I have been awakened by the painful news of people living this world unpredictably soon. When someone you know passes away, no matter how close you were or distant acquaintances, there is a gut-hitting-the-floor feeling when you hear that horrible news. The most recent was just a few weeks ago. And while I did not spin in the same social loop or necessarily be the nearest and dearest with any of these individuals, but that overwhelming loss is just the same. In some ways, I feel like I should not be enduring the sadness that those who were closer to them should. Somehow, I have the tender heart which goes all out for other people’s loss. My husband admires my compassion so much so that he feels behind this resilient girl; he could see a beautiful heart in me. J
It is not only on the grounds of humanitarian values inherent within me, but I feel it speaks on their influence on those around them and the fact I know them distress me a great deal. I just feel some of them went too soon away from this world. They may have left a lasting impression on us, their contributions to those around them, the smile they put on your face, their affection that made a difference in your life, and their presence could brighten up your dull day.
It all comes back to the enigma I had in the beginning. It makes me wonder why things work out the way they do. I have yet to find the answer to my conundrum. Perhaps, the realm of our existence elucidates that each one of us is a gift while we are here. The continuity of life despite their demise is our obligation to go on. This I would call the paradox of life. I hope those that have left too soon from this material world would be able to find peace. All I can say is God love them too much to be taken away too soon.
There are some moments in life; there are no words to describe. And I believe all that happens has a reason behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment