Monday, April 16, 2012

Flora the sophisticated signature

I figured I should review the perfume I bought, since I’ve been wearing it for a month (although not almost every day). When I was returning from Bali, I couldn’t resist stopping by the duty free shop at the airport to buy perfume. I tried out as many samples as I wanted in the presence of my hubby, I decided I didn’t particularly love any of them but had a slight affinity to Gucci Flora EDT. I thought why don’t I give it a try.

Now after having worn it for 1 month, I feel that it’s good, but not my favorite definitely. It has a sweet and citrusy scent, but not too strong in either direction. So what I ended up smelling at the end of the day is what could be called an orange dreamsicle (oranges and cream). Flora is subtle; the floral scent of course evokes any young women, and has a wild, daring side. It smells very of the moment. It’s light, clean, fresh and sweet. My husband was the one helped me to decide which perfume to go for at the duty free shop. He says it smells like Cotton Candy which I really hope is true!Gucci’s Flora fragrance fits into the larger scheme of things. It has a blend of citrus, peony, rose, osmanthus, pink pepper, sandalwood and patchouli, but they don’t matter too much: this is a sheer. I feel it is floral but not too floral, it’s vaguely peach-y but not too fruity, it’s sweet-ish but not too sweet. I believe that those who love Flora might well have a hedonistic, daring side but they prefer not to express. This is exactly what Flora is like.
It has an ageless quality: it’s obviously geared towards someone young. In one word, I would describe Gucci Flora as fabulous. Oh well! I guess it’s time to start looking for a new perfume. I really like citrus and fresh scents, and I am still looking for my signature scent that to-date I have not found it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment