Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Remembering my honeymoon trip to Bali

I remembered about my honeymoon trip to Bali, after our wedding reception on 4th February 2012. It was a trip I will never forget. It was the only trip so far for me (Raj has travelled on business trip to US and China several times before), where I forgot about everything, and immersed myself in a holiday with my husband. I just kicked off every detail from my mind momentarily and made a vow to savor in the celebration of my wedding (even though it was still worrying me at the back of my mind).

I have to admit, it is the only holiday I keep thinking about, as it was my first overseas holiday. It was the most anticipated trip that I have longed for with my husband. And it was indeed a memorable one.

I gave the privilege to select and book the honeymoon package to my husband since I know he makes brilliant choices when it comes to romantic getaway and gifts for me (from the early of our relationship). He told me he engaged Hasani Travel Agency for the honeymoon package which had Goodway Hotel & Resort in Bali as our home stay, the resort accommodations & facilities are superbly suitable for newly-wedded couples. It was quiet, away from hustle & bustle of the cities, remote, absolutely beautiful, and was oozing with Balinese architecture. Words cannot describe the unique & tranquil experience I had there. The remoteness is perfect for people who want to forget everything, and enjoy ourselves. I & Raj were pampered in a luxurious setting which was awesome. Ooo la la............ A heavenly feeling to be in a romantic getaway with my darling too.

Below is a chronology of the trip:

6th/Feb/2012
- Landed in Ngurah Rai Bali airport- Departed (driver pickup) to Malioboro in Denpasar to have our lunch
– The tourist guide brought us to our Goodway Hotel & Resort for check-in and refreshment– Visited to Garuda Wishnu Kenchana Cultural Park (GWK). Here we were entertained by the famous Tarian Kecak and tour around the Wishnu huge statue- Had our dinner at the restaurant at GWK and entertained by their musicians with variety of melodious beats
– Back to our hotel suite and relaxed

7th/Feb/2012
- Wake up (Had a sound and heavenly sleep since my wedding)– Had our breakfast at our hotel – Departed to TohPati Village home to Bali Batik Industry to see the batik making and also the gallery showcasing various Batik products and souvenirs – Arrived at Celuk Village to observe silversmith, making fine silver jewelry (in Balinese style). Ubud art village also houses the famous fine wood carving industry
– Visited the temple in Batuan and was impressed by their religious belief and ancient statue from B.C era– Headed towards Kintamani for our lunch. Kintamani is located in the hill which picturizes the splendor of the famous Volcanic Mountain Batur and the lake Batur. We can see beautiful panorama from Kintamani to overview the active volcano of Batur Mount and wide Lake of Batur in a valley. It is situated in the plateau area with cool weather surround it. When we stand up at Kintamani, we will be able to see the rural area which is close to the lake. This place is very femous and visited by many tourists every day. We get to sit and enjoy our food while savoring the beauty of it. One of my favorite spot. J
– Visited Agro Spice Garden to experience the traditional Bali coffee processing and delight a sip of variety of coffee in their lush green sanctuary. We get to see the civet cat which is famous for fermented Kopi Luwak.
– Our next visit was to an old temple in
– Enjoyed the picturesque rice terrace in Tegalalang Village for few moments before making way to our activity.
– Our tourist guide, Madhey brought us to Arum Spa & Aromatic for our Balinese aromatherapy massage in Seminyak, Denpasar region
After that we headed for a delicious Chinese food at Golden Palace Restaurant. By the time we reach our hotel room, it was already 9pm and all we could do was to relax and have a beer before we retire to bed

8th/Feb/2012
- departed from Goodway Hotel & Resort after our breakfast, to NusaDua beach. The breeze, bright sky and blue ocean made us excited. The NusaDua surrounded by several 5-star hotels and Mat Salleh’s surfing activity name Nusa Dua is derived from the two small islands to the east and about 20 minutes from the international airport, Ngurah Rai. It’s the most developed area in Bali.
-Today our travel agency arranged a typical Balinese food at Budesa restaurant near Kuta.
-Went on shopping in bustling Hawaii Bali around Nusa Dua area; it is a shopping mall where you can get tempted to get some souvenirs, batik cloth, and other stuffs to bring back home- Our next visit was to TanahLot Temple. The temple is built on the rock with 3 acre size and reachable in a few minute by walk, because it is just 20 meters from the coastal lip. This temple is very famous among tourist destinations in Bali with spectacular view of sunset. At some nooks of coral reef around Tanah Lot Temple there are holy tame snake in black and white color where according to the local society believe that it as a deity property and as the guard of the temple from the bad influence.- Upon walking down the temple, we headed to Jimbaran Bay to enjoy romantic seafood dinner on white sandy beach accompanied by local musicians singing away for us. We managed to catch a glimpse of the beautiful sunset.

9th/Feb/2012
- We had our lunch at fastfood outlet
- Visited Uluwatu temple - departed from Ngurah Rai Bali airport to KLIA at 7.45pm flight

It was such a memorable moment since it was our very first holiday together. I and my hubby await for another trip to Bali sometime later ......... :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rashmi..I hope you find it useful for your trip down to Bali..Cheers

    ReplyDelete