Monday, October 10, 2011

It’s October already! Can you believe that? I hope this time around, October will be a smooth sailing experience. Finally, its October and again, its gonna be year-end very very soon and sooner than one can expect... The phrase, time and tide waits for no men is so true these days especially, nearing the year-end. So many unfinished businesses to attend to, so many commitments untouched and the list go on and on...

My October gotten off to a mediocre start! It started off with my colleagues getting hitched in early of the month dumping her singlehood to become a married woman. This was a gentle reminder to me since I will be joining her footsteps pretty soon. All of us shared her happiness which is one of the memorable moments of a woman’s life. She was a pretty looking bride without the lab coats, and typical office suit. We were amazed to see the real beauty of her on that day. Marriage indeed added a touch of panache to her glow. This is what I call bride in shine!



The happiness soon turn out to lingering anxiety for my eleventh hour assignment; internal quarterly project review for FY2011/2012. I was hit with the low key till the review wrap up. I would say it wasn’t so bad after all since the management understood our issues very well and helped to provide solutions in terms of human resource, laboratory necessities and also on-the-job training to equip us for the current project on hand. It was an encouraging start for me. The management nodded in approval at our Gantt chart timeline with just few suggestions here and there. It made my day. Glad it was over. But the real feat will be, accomplishing the painstaking task in short span just in time for SAC definitely gonna drain us out! Yet I am geared up for the coming stress.

The October calendar has some fun events scheduled to it. My bestie Dida celebrated her birthday on 1st of October. Therefore my girls, Sheila, Kavie and myself decided to have a lunch out together to celebrate Dida’s birthday (secretly) as well get-together after sometime. We plan it out spontaneously this week and Sheila made the reservations for 4 of us in an exclusive eat out! It’s a surprise, though. I shall blog about it next week.

On a happier note, Diwali, the festival of lights for the Hindus are around the corner. Just about 2 weeks to go and I have not started the preparation, shopping, spring cleaning etc etc etc… This year will be a simple yet sweet celebration since we another big event coming up next month. So more emphasis has been placed on it! You get me what I am saying, right!



To spice up things, I am in a mood for a wine n dine celebration with my loved ones (Ehem…yes of course my family and Vig). This is in conjunction with my overwhelming windfall that was so encouraging compared to the year before (which was also good without a doubt). OP businesses have a remarkable reputation over the years for generating good revenue when the global CPO price escalates. Looks like everyone at office are all smiles with a extraordinary shine since we got our pockets filled! Ha-ha!

This month is gonna be a tight month for me, a lot of deadlines to meet and I’m presently covering two portfolios in my company and I hope I’ll be able to manage it. It has been 4 years since I join in SD Group and the high profile OP Genome Project, and it has been a rollercoaster ride ever since. The higher management and immediate bosses is really demanding and seeming to speed up the work and making me work extra hard with less resources. I have been drained out lately due to this pressuring work despite by escalating excitement for the upcoming work which is gonna crack the code of question that we are all looking for high and low!

Well, Happy October & Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment