Monday, October 10, 2011

Bits n Pieces of my weekends

Weekends were something that I look for each time especially when I have rather jaded and draining weekdays. It is Saturday and I got to sleep longer than usual until I was awakened by mom. Nevertheless I got to wrap myself in the bed up to 9am. What a nice treat especially when the weather is cold and snug.

I had plan up a busy weekends though I wanted complete rest. My parents and I decided to take a leisure drive to Little India. Raj was supposed to be down in KL last weekend for our shopping spree but alas he had to abide to his duty calls. He was told that he needs to travel to US on Wednesday, the 12th on a short notice. As usual he was wedged in between last minute preparation pressure with so many things to do in a very little time he has. Flight ticket booking, training materials and documentation groundwork, renewal of his insurance and road tax policy, shopping for essentials and medicines needed during his 3-weeks stint abroad, and other miscellaneous stuffs. Of course he had his long checklist to help him do with his packing. Above all, he was under pressure due to eleventh hour dilemma again. I had tough time to deal with frolics since his emotions were running high and low. Nevertheless, I manage to bring him into composure from time to time. Even his panel doctor told him to keep his pressure controlled or else he will end up getting HBP soon. I can tell you Vig was in deep turmoil for the past few days and having sleepless nights despite me trying to calm him down. More or less, things have been settled and organized (a fine quality that I admired in him when it comes to work, close to perfectionist. I am proud of who you are!

There you go my shopping spree with Vig which was replaced with my shopping spree to get my family the necessary stuffs they needed. We left home about 12.30pm just right after office hours (Remember its Saturday, so it’s half-day). The regret befall us the moment we hit Federal Highway (somewhere near Angkasapuri), when we saw a queue of cars crawling in long stretch with mild rain accompanying us. It was not a good idea to set out late. So it’s a lesson to be learnt! So don’t go out your house around the peak hours as you’re prone to be sandwiched in traffic congestion for sure! Finally after one hour, we reached our destination safely but with hunger serenading to us. We quickly parked the car in an authorized spot as we were making rounds. Thank god! (Why did I say authorize is simply because most of the ample space has been taken up due to overcrowding with Diwali celebration due in 2 weeks time)

Clearly I must comment that good and quality food is nowhere to be found in Little India. We scampered around in hunger looking for a nice decent eatery to fill up ourselves. We came across to an eatery which looks quite presentable with wide variety of food and made ourselves through for a nice meal. After a while, to our dismay, we realized the place was too crowded, clearly not hygienic, poor service and above all food sucks! All of us were not satisfied and got furious with the quality of food. I must write about this restaurant in the paper to highlight the poor quality of food and hygiene practiced here. I wonder this anyone realized this and made a complaint or not. I feel as a consumer, we hold the rights to get a quality and clean food for the money we spent on. Such eatery should be given a stern warning coz improper operation can cause food poisoning. But I can see how ignorant some customers can be without giving a heed to the hygiene and savoring the meal as if they are in a 5star hotel. Bizarre! (And my parents for being vulnerable felt some mild stomach discomfort)

At the end of the day, Saturday was stripped off my beautiful siesta but it was swapped with a sense of satisfaction since I accomplished my first episode of shopping spree. I was drained out walking up and down all the shops across the streets and bargaining on top of my lungs (I mean literally...Hehehe). My eyes was tired and splashed with myriad burst of colors due to the exotic sarees, decorations, flowers sold in the shops I made my visits. Pretty high-key weekend. Clearly, good and hygiene food was my only disappointment. Usually, I attempt to lavish my weekends with good food, rest and a sense of joy. Shopping can be therapeutic excluding the tiredness of course! I also saw an old friend (ex-lab mate) from varsity who just happen to shop there. Since I was in all rush to go home as it was already late, I manage to only exchange a few words and promised to catch up with him some time later.

This was how my lovely Saturday unfold!

No comments:

Post a Comment