Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Imperfect Judging the Imperfect



Just the other day, something really captured my attention which excites me to ramble about. Couple of days back when some whiff reached my ears which knock into my senses which made me probe further about it. It is none other than judgmental.
What I don’t quite comprehend the fact that most of us does not have self-realization? Before passing remarks about someone else, why can’t any of us take a look at ourselves first and only then decide are we in the right sense to criticize another being?

Do you have the privilege as prospective juror to pass remarks about another? Are you so perfect (in your mind alone) to do so? Have you turned to look at your back and start exploring about yourself (or your family) before you was to criticize others? Who can judge another?
I hate to ask all these questions but you need to ask this before you pass remarks about another person; which is morally not right!
‘Imperfect judging the imperfect! Sounds ironic to me. In daily life when we pass small judgments on others, are we not throwing stones? You may think they are deserved but have we the right to do so?

What if someone you know is judging you? It doesn’t feel very good. It doesn’t make us feel valued. You may begin to qualm your worth or your decisions when someone judges you. Don’t you think so? Most of the times, you can be judged for your skin color (dark vs. fair), your frame of mind, or your bad jokes. Also you would end up being queried for your decisions, your actions, or your faith. How do you defend yourself then? Do you find it fair for you to give people a boost or is it more entertaining for your ego to tear them down?




I’ve had people say to me that they are not judgmental which contradicts coz at the back of me, they tend to throw stones at me …but I want to say, “You are perfectly imperfect, doesn’t that seem something is not right about you?” If I look beyond them, it’s amusing to see how much of flaws they have and yet can have knack to comment on others. So often, it happens these days that I don’t give a damn about them and I treat them like a speck of dust on my shoes. Simple as that.

The world would be a better place to live in if ONLY all of us make an effort to be more tolerant, more loving, more compassionate and sensible. After all, we do not know what that person has lived through or what their experiences have been during their life. We must understand that all of us are from different walks of life and hence, we are nurtured to different ways of thinking and lifestyle.
Each person has an exclusive right to their own thinking. They can be wrong in another point of view! Yet, they still have the right. I do not enjoy anyone telling me how to think or what should I do. I’m sure most people feel the same. Respect goes a long way when it comes to judging others.
When we put ourselves in someone else’s shoes, only then we realize that we may not know all the facts. We then realize that they deserve more thought than we may have given them. Sensitivity is vital when it comes to deciding not to pass judgment in normal life circumstances.
From my point of view, no one can judge us besides the Lord himself. It’s good to watch your words of criticism by looking at your own faults before judging others. If you’re so used of passing remarks about others, take a look at yourself as an outsider and I’m sure you’ll find more than enough things to judge. I just wanted to put my two cents in worth for your tact. Some of us may like to think they are better persons than the rest of the world but I am afraid to say, you’re not and we all are not! It just our pride talking.
My advice would be: “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all, just shut up”

No comments:

Post a Comment