Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oh! It’s my friend’s birthday...



It was a heavenly Sunday morning. I twitched my eyes to catch a glimpse of the bright blue skies from afar. Oh it is Sunday! I reached out to my phone by my bedside. And the digital clock shows it was already half past 9 (am). All I hear faintly was my mom’s voice calling me out, “Rise and shine”! Nishaaaaaaa……..The clarity in her message gets across straight into my senses and my immediate response was sit up at once on my bed without further ado. It is not out of obligatory (since I am famed for being a rebel!) but out of trepidation that she will use that as an excuse to nag me the entire day. I just want to have a pleasant Sunday. Hehehe…Nevertheless I would admit she is a wonderful mom whom allows me to sleep longer than usual on weekends and not someone orthodox like those days parents who disapproves girls getting up late! It is a custom practiced from those days. Mommy was very understanding in that sense and many other circumstances. I would never exchange her for another MOM! Ahax! She is just the way I want her to be and I love her since she has always been my bestie.

I gotta hurry up since I have lunch date with my girls at Spice of India. Spice of India offers the best in Indian fine dining with restaurants located right in the heart of the city. It is an exclusive restaurant which epitomizes metropolitan KL lifestyle by serving the delectable Indian cuisine in a stylish, contemporary ambiance. It’s the time of the month to dine and celebrate our bestie’s birthday, Dida! We were on time that day. Though it was crowded, we managed to make our way through the mall without much delay. I and Sheila managed to reach there first and make some small surprise arrangement with the waiter there right before Dida made her grand appearance. As usual we girls get excited when we meet and exchange hugs and greetings. Only after a couple of minutes we made up our minds not to make our growling tummies wait any longer. We quickly grabbed the menu and started skimming through the rather exclusive menu. As usual Dida was doing her crazy jokes of the cuisine names which were rather amusing. The waiters were watching us from far but we are just a bunch of crazy girls and couldn’t be bothered about the surrounding. Finally after all the laughter’s and jokes, we buzzed the waiter to take our day. He quickly jot down our selection of food and whisked away.





While waiting for food we were chatting away and out of bolt (as if I and Sheila didn’t know the sweet surprise), the waiter brought the cake for Dida with the candle lighted up. She was surprised indeed! That was the reaction we wanted to see on her face for knowing she has a wide range of gestures in her. Hahaha…Glad that made her happy as indicated by her wide grin flashed across her face. We sang “Happy Birthday” and fed her the cake. It was a nice day to start with. We sat there for hours and talked and laughed like crazy girls. Someone asks us, “Are you drunk?” Yeah intoxicated with caffeine in coffee and ecstasy in our mind. Probably a great rejuvenation for a tired soul!



Verdict for the day:
100% Craziness+ Euphoria+ Relaxation+ Good Ambiance+ Good Buddies
Food was not too bad. Quite pricey but awesome ambiance and service.

No comments:

Post a Comment