Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My pet, my little joy

When one says that a dog is a man’s best friend, I think they had a dog like Hachiko in mind. Hachiko is based on a true story and watching the movie, it totally touched my heart. I sometimes wonder how an animal can be so faithful to its master when it is sometimes very hard for even a person to do something like that. Maybe people just need to learn the ultimate loyalty from a dog. It’s either we let go ourselves easily or we let our selfishness overcome us instead of putting ourselves in another person’s shoe and see things through their perspective, once in a while. I have a dog. He was a left astray in the park we used to work out in the evenings after the mother died mysteriously. Then the rest is his-story.

Each day as I head home after work, I will always look forward to my dog’s greet at the portico and his endeavor to amuse me with love every time I walk in the door. The calming effect of this little fella’s genuine affection as it jumps on me instantaneously brings a smile to my weary face. I am sure everyone who owns a furry pet will know that their pets are special and it brings a new hope of life. My dog has changed my life for better. After we adopted him on the even of New Year 2011, we began to see the happiness he brought to our life and a very good companion for all of us at home.

And let me tell you something, people usually believe that when you bring a new puppy to the house you need to train him and teach him stuff, I feel it’s totally the other way round… It’s the pet that teaches you treasured lessons that no one else could ever imbibe in you. A dog can really teach you unconditional love, patience, forgiveness, passion, and to never let your innocence and joy. It’s the most beautiful moments of your life when you own a dog and learn to live for him. This post is dedicated to one of the best gifts that life has endowed me with, a fury friend -Doggie!

It’s the little things that he does make a huge difference. His quirky bark when a newspaper peddler comes along, or his goofy habit of chewing the doormats in our house, we just can’t get enough of him. He can make our heart giggle in absurdity. I just can’t help but love him more when he greets me in the morning with a wet lick on my face. Whatever he does, it just melts my heart away.

There is nothing like the love of a dog. My dog would not be a celebrity dog or an expensive breed but he was a special one rescued from being starved when he was just a month old. This fella is fondly known as ‘Lucky’ since he was the only survivor among his nine siblings which died one-by-one mysteriously. The biggest despair came when he was left wandering by himself in the park when the mother was found lifeless nearby one day. My dad felt the grief of the orphaned little pup and saved him from his misery when he brought him home. The day we brought him back home, we showered him with all our affection. Since then, he trusted us with all his heart. Dogs are amazing in the sense that they are loyal, loving, protective and faithful unlike us humans. You can scold or hurt him yet he easily forgives us and put us before them. It is the most precious love in the world. A dog is truly an amazing companion.

A dog will be perfect partner to walk with you through your life, comfort you in your troubles and cheer you up when life is hard on us. Doggie’s little antics when he nudges you with a ball stuffed in his mouth calling for a play or his peculiar habit of sniffing through mom’s lovely potted plants (he loves to dig them out too!) Or even his surprising humanly behaviors, he is just too adorable for us to give him away. Everything a man has to be ideally can be learned from a dog. In a nutshell, I think dogs are the most amazing creatures that we have been blessed with.

No matter how frantic the days are, a mere woof and wag of tail will make it all go away! He loves to sit with me while gazing into my eyes that come as a huge soothing effect on any tired soul. I strongly believe it is the same loving heart that beats in every canine irrespective of the breed or pedigree. I am glad that our attention caught on this little fella roaming astray in the park even though he wasn’t an elite breed. What matters the most is the little joy he brought us. Sometimes his loyalty reminds me of Hachiko who waited for his master in front of the train station 10 years after his master had died. If only people have the same loyalty as animals, the world might be a better place. Families might not squabble over petty resentment, colleagues might not have another colleague sabotaging just to climb the corporate ladder, governments might not have opposing organizations trying to topple each other, friends might not backbite each other and the world might actually be a much friendlier, happier and serene place to live in.

I thoroughly enjoyed writing these memoirs which captured a significant part of my life. The memories made me smile and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment