Sunday, December 9, 2012

Big Bad Wolf Rampage in Town


Hoot Hoot…

The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale is back with a bang this year. I and my colleague, Katharina got to the heart of the howl as the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale open its door for avid book readers like me. It couldn’t have been a more exciting time for a book lover as a golden opportunity to check out the wide selection of books on sale from December 7th – 23rd at the Mines Convention Centre. This year is the largest one yet as there are 3 million books will go on sale and all with discounts from 75 to 95%! 



I was flabbergasted to see whole lotta books put up on sale and it has a myriad of book selection to cater people from all walks of life, I believe. Anything you ever wanted from literature genre to cooking, pets, photography, arts, gardening, biographies, fiction, children’s books and more are available here without a doubt. I was told that there are a lot more books on offer this time around compared to the year before. To mark the special celebration of this year sale, the organizers extended its opening hours for 63 hours straight for the weekend of Friday Dec 7th right up to 9pm, Sunday Dec 9th.


Though I plan to only limit myself with a couple of books since I got quite a number of books a couple of months back at MPH with a hefty price tag, yet I couldn’t resist the temptation. I end up spending almost 100 bucks for 5 books. Though my eyes and feet were tired after awhile of browsing through what is not even a quarter of it, yet I was compelled to scout further. But time was not gracious to me since I got to rush back to office (as we sneaked in during our lunch hours. 


A word of advice for those planning to attack the sale, haul up a trolley basket or bad that will definitely help a lot in saving lots of your energy and paving way for you to last longer hours of book hunting around the exhibition hall. Trust me. If you are afraid of getting dehydrated or hungry from book hunting, need not to be fretful as they have food and beverage stalls to keep us refreshed.

So what are you guys waiting for? Happy Book Hunting at the Big Bad Wolf 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment