Friday, August 10, 2012

Happiest Moments in My Life

Today when I was having my coffee and long talk with my friend, instantly I was engulfed with moments that I remember being rapturous about. The moments can be a little thing or momentous one that one can never forget the joy it brings to our life. It brings a new breath of life. A million things (literally speaking) were running through my mind when I tried to evoke the memories. There was a mere silence suddenly where I already far into the journey to my past.  All I could recall was the momentous moments but the little moments that have enriched my life has been hiding at the back of my mind. Perhaps it was just too many little things that I can’t decipher in a jiffy.

Graduation with Honors from graduate school by far would be one of the most treasured moments in my life. Looking back now, I strongly feel the tassel was worth the hassle I endured to be where I am today. From the day I walk into the campus till the day I walked away with the scroll, I would recall every second of the journey was precious and it shaped me into who I am today.

Apart from all these, I have to confess that the most cherished moments of my life that I’d been waiting for was my marriage. January this year, I finally had taken the plunge and tie the knot with my prince charming, after four years of love. I felt I was on cloud nine at the time I stood at the marriage registrar office exchanging our oath and nuptial vows to be man and wife. The moment the registrar conveyed the declaration of marriage, as a girl I was over the moon.  That was the happiest moment of my life. A feeling which only I could understand and cherish it till eternity.

However, last week I got a sweet surprise in small package. I believe that good things comes in little package. Guess what, I got my career promotion! After being close to four years dedicated to my passion; research, I was blessed with an opportunity to move up one step in the corporate ladder. It was a euphoric moment for me simply because when I felt my work and efforts were recognized by the organization and the trust in me with the new position in my career. What’s more heartwarming is, it gives me a feeling of being a part of the organization in contributing towards the success of the research programme.

It’s impossible to describe in words about the excitement and encouragement for me to impel forward in what I am doing here at Biotechnology Research Unit. In an attempt to capture the feeling, I took some time off to be by myself and contemplate on the journey I embarked on since May 2008 till today. There are moments I can never explain in the series of hardships, challenges and bittersweet moments endured throughout the journey of my career. I believe it doesn’t matter if you are new or inexperienced in your job, but you must be able to learn things fast and be good in what it takes to be into the elite league on the long run career development. I believe if we keep our mind and heart open for new learning experiences, we will be successful in life.

Whenever a person says the happiest moments, the thing that comes to my mind is the moment that made me joyful while for others it could be more or less a passing cloud. As far as I am concerned, the most happiest moment are countless but it is a gamut from little things to life-size things that had made my life memorable. These happy moments make a mark in my life. This is what makes life meaningful and gives the exuberant feeling of living life to the fullest. This year marks the best of times in my late twenties before I hit the midlife phase.

I find myself in a place of such peace and serenity with where I am today.  Admittedly, life has thrown me some ugly curve balls, but I do believe that I have allowed them to be used to develop my character. I have endured and overcome and am expectant of joy and blessings. I am so looking forward to what lies ahead - My future.

When I look beyond the horizon, I know I am on the journey of fulfilling my dreams to the best of my abilities. Never let fear stop me from what I love doing the best. Life is not a bed of roses but I am happy with the bittersweet journey of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment