Friday, August 17, 2012

A sluggish day



Today was a rather monotonous day. But I never mind the run-of-the-mill kind of day. All simply because the coming up Eid-ul-Fitr celebration and our Muslim friends are busy packing off to their hometowns. Back in offices, the ambiance is rather stark, quiet and lackluster. It was more of a festivity feel at workplace. The Eid themed songs were filling up the air and by noon, the office was left with non Muslims since our Muslim colleagues was granted half day off to make way for their ‘Balik Kampung’ travel plans.

However halfway through the late noon, my only boss in office gave us a green light to leave early as the traffic congestion will be at its peak today. The exodus of the urbanites will see almost a quiet KL for a couple of days at least. I was glad I could go home earlier and relieve myself from traffic mania (I was tormented by it for the past 2 days). I am glad for next 4 days of Raya break I will enjoy the tranquility of KL.

To end my note, I would like to convey to my fellow Muslim friends and colleagues a very blissful Eid-ul-Fitr with their loved ones and wishing them a safe journey back to their hometowns. May this festival brings them lots of happiness, love and peace. Salam Aidilfitri folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment