Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's Thursday already!

It seems like it was just yesterday I was feeling Monday slump. I was looking forward for the weekends. Then I realize this week has zoom by! My goodness I can barely keep up! It’s already Thursday. I can't believe how time flies. A little too quick actually that I almost got lost in between. When you’re super busy, even the time that speeds by totally caught me off guard. I had to ask myself, where did the week go? I really had no idea and was speechless for a second. My brains went blank for jiffy trying to recap the series of events that took place over the second week of July.

It is all about work, work and work since the last SAC convention. My research on shell fruit form has proved to be of interest for the breeders and geneticist lately due to its economic importance as well as it can be incorporated into the breeding programme in near future since the potential genetic markers has been fished out. However, there are some validation experimentation conducted and further fine mapping to get the closest and tightly linked markers to be incorporated for field testing. So here you go! I have been burning the midnight oil doing some literature landscape, frequent discussion with project leader and getting ideas from consultants to steer forward the program. It has been exciting though!

So that explains why this week I had to juggle between in-silico analysis and lab work to test one DNA marker that has been giving me a tough time by not showing up itself on the genotype profile. I was too engrossed into my work. But felt even busier due to the sluggish weather that triggered my rhinitis which made me feel worse as I was challenged by bouts of sneezing and congested nose. I thought that if I'm still feeling miserable over the next few days, I might as well give in and go to my panel doctor at SDMC to get my regular dose of nasal spray.

In midst of all this, Thursday rolls just about silently, and I quietly hoped for the weekend to come by as I am pretty exhausted from the week and in dire need of some sound rest (to be precise, my sleep!). A simply quiet and relaxing weekend plan will be the right thing that I need now. Maybe a nice dinner with family, catch a movie, and maybe cupcake project!

No comments:

Post a Comment