Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy Friday, the 13th

As I kicked my comforter aside, and sat up on bed only to realize that today is Friday the 13th as the my glance fell on my table-top calendar. The spooky day that causes many to suffer from morbid and absurd fear which is known as paraskevidekatriaphobia. Do you suffer from this bona fide phobia as well? Maybe not. So do me. I am really not superstitious as to why it didn’t fret me at all. It is just another day for me.
Friday the 13th happens at least once a year usually. But this year 2012 is gonna be one of those years where we have not one but 3 Friday the 13ths! That’s right– January 13th, April 13th and July 13th! And these Fridays are exactly 13 weeks apart. Now that sounds bizarre to me. This is a day where some of us look at it with fear and trepidation. But logically, this scenario is a coincidence and a quirk of the calendar.
I know there is a long history of spooky things that worry many people, and Friday the 13th is one of them. The list goes on – walking under a ladder, a black cat walking in front of you, throwing salt over your shoulder and a host of other scenarios that obviously has roots in ancient history. Put all those fear aside and make your Friday a fun day.
Don’t worry the day will come to an end; and to the rest of you – Happy Friday the 13th folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment