Thursday, April 26, 2012

A new couch to siesta on!

It was time for furnishing our living room with a new couch. I and mom have been flickering through the brochures by Courts, Lorenzo and Macy’s discussing for weeks about which sofa we were going to go with. I wanted something that looked classy, comfortable to nap on after work and also reasonable in price. Last Saturday, we took a drive to the nearest furniture gallery and hopped in with excitement. Bear in mind, getting a sofa is not as easy as we think. It has to satisfy all of us in terms of quality, pricing, color and design, material and comfortableness. That’s mouthful huh?
After about nearly two hours of contemplating on the various couches we saw in the gallery, we manage to spot down to two couches that were actually worth the buy. After back and forth discussion, we decided to pick the one with most reasonable sofa set with a complimentary coffee table. It costs us RM 2000 even though we wanted something less pricey since we are planning to move in to our very own home in near future. So getting a pricey couch will be not a good idea since it’s prone to damage during the moving. But then again on second thought, duh! Let’s get it anyway.
I really look forward to sink myself into the comfy couch while watching the TV. I am a home person and love to be accompanied by TV during leisure weekends. So the thought of getting a better sofa was something I looked forward to. At last the couch was delivered the same evening and I was super excited to see it! It's exactly what I was looking for. The color is perfect.  All four of us fit on it. The seat is deep and it's nice to have a sofa with an arm rest wide enough that doesn’t strain for hours long that we get glued to the TV. It comes along with abundant of fluffy cushions to keep us cozy all day long.

Mom and I are planning to make it extra cozy by adding up some furry drapes either from IKEA or other stores to give some texture to it. We have a nice carpet to keep our legs warm since the vicinity around my house is naturally cool than usual. If it rains, it feels like we are in some highland resort. Another splash that is worth to light up the ambiance of the room will definitely be flowers! Time for another shop for interior décor!
There you go my salary! But I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment