Thursday, April 26, 2012

I hate gossips

Anytime I am asked to list down what I hate the most, only gossip comes to my mind. So much so that it simply spoils the aura around me. It has become a culture by its own but something intolerable. Juicy gossips or tittle-tattling happens to make its round more happily than ever regardless of where you are. Believe it or not, there is almost no place without at least little bit of gossips and backbiting. It resembles a wave that can create nonsense in any academic institutions, in corporate organization, in a social occasion and even among family circle. I can tell you it is very contagious and spreads like a pandemic.
It just never ends. Over the years, as I grew up, the more I run into people that loves gossiping and backbiting. Both are just about the same. I always wished this would not be the scenario. Somehow I can relate both these social stigma with immaturity and fallaciously assumed that older people don’t talk behind people back. But on second thought, my assumptions deceived me. Occasionally, I experienced seeing older and wiser (or so?) people happily talking about others without a clear conscience. I was completely wrong. Can you believe that men out beat the women when it comes to gossiping? Yes it is. I will cover this topic on my next post. He-he. 
Gossips are usually never about the real news that goes around but it is a spin off from the original news with extra ‘spice’. The moment the distorted news is set on fire, it goes all around and around. Trust me it just never ends. Is it impossible not to talk about others in your conversations? How does it do good to you? Maybe some people finds talking about academic, politics, business etc can be plain boring but juicy gossips can be entertaining to them. What I just said could be contradicting but sad to say this is how the society works.
It is inevitable to bitch about people you don’t like or even the people that you like too. My close encounter would be in a wedding I attended sometime ago. A wedding would be a joyous occasion where we get to meet old friends and family members that we don’t get to see often. It is a time for catching up from where we left. But it baffled me when I overheard one conversation (I wasn’t eavesdropping btw, it was loud and clear enough for me to be make out what they were talking about). The bunch of ladies and men were talking about the newlyweds! Does it matter how they met and what they have been doing? It is none of their business any way.
This is just one of the worst waves of gossips that I have heard. I am totally against of gossip and it is simply because I was (and perhaps still) a victim subjected to gossips. It all came from the root of jealousy. I just don’t get it why people just love to bitch about me when they know a little about me. I know I am smart, bold, independent, beautiful and blunt lass that can spark the jealousy of anyone. Ha-ha I am not being smug here but this could be why they are lashing behind my back. I am sorry for those folks. You think you can stop me from me being successful and being everyone’s sweetheart. No you can try but it just never happens. Why? Because I don’t harm others, I don’t ruin their lives or I don’t have bad intentions on them. It doesn’t bother me if they are doing well or they are going down the drains.
Perhaps gossips and talking about others are merely the way a person is conditioned. It reflects in their nurturing from young or it could be a genetic factor. I came across an article last year that there is underlying genetic factor identified to be associated with aggressiveness trait. So who knows gossips, backbiting and jealousy also has underlying genetic factor?
But I don’t think it is fair enough to talk ill about someone and ruin their lives in any way. If you can’t do something good for everyone around you, then might as well you don’t have to do bad to those around you. It makes a difference at least. I just wish people would learn to mind their business although other people’s business seems to be more entertaining for them. 

I am a pretty private person. A private person with a blog about random parts of her life you might say? Well let me tell you, there’s a lot I don’t reveal about myself and what I do tell you is up to my discretion! It puts me out of my comfort zone when people ask me about me, and my life. It is not for them to know anyway (unless you’re my close-knit family and friends).  It’s my life and it doesn’t concern you. I guess it is worth to choose handful of acquaintances to fit into your closest social network. I am sure only a few will shine out above the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment