Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I found my Prince Charming!

While we started dating early 2008 (late-January if I’m not wrong), I've been pretty quiet about it online. That's partly because I didn't want to expose my prince charming to everyone without knowing what might happen—if he could sync with me or my family, is he the love of my life? I just kept it very personal rather than sensationalizing my private life to the whole world. I hate social footprint of my life. And it's partly because it's my own damned business and private life, and sometimes there has to be a line between what's public and what's not. I'm sure you understand. :-) Oh, and I didn't want to jinx it!

Of course, the few of my closest friends whom have been keeping in close tab with me knew about our relationship and even met him in one of my friend’s wedding. But that's really about it. Some might wonder why I kept my handsome under wraps. I never liked celebrity-lifestyles where every single thing of my life, it’s being sensationalized on social network (Some love doing it). To me it is pointless having a drama life. I prefer to keep away from ‘paparazzi’.

What you're really wondering about is who he is (and what sort of personality he has and what does he do for a living or maybe how did we meet!). I could go on talking about innumerable great things about him but does it matter to you (or anyone for that matter?). Raj was born in a sweet little family with lots of love and warmth. He shares the same star sign as me although he is 3 years older than I do (He was born just 2 days before my birth date! Hence we will not forget our birthdays no matter what and have a double celebration in one go). He's smart, dashing, kind, caring, and fun to be around. Raj can be a very good companion whom I can sit and talk for hours without getting bored. He really knows how to entertain me well; be it, with his intellectual talks or his naughty humor.

We have a lot in common aside from love of photography (planning to polish our skills on it after wedding). We have very similar goals for the future, religious views (or lack of them), fashion preferences, choice of pets, fine dining, vacation hotspots, hobbies we wish we had time for, thoughts on our future life planning one day, and more. I could go on.

In short, we're quite compatible. So much so that it's intimidating (in a positive manner) at times. But that is how we understand each other very well; our flaws and rightness. He taught me how beautiful life is and how to make the best of out it. The maturity, love and knowledge I share with him remind me of my dad. I am not only a princess to acha but also to my sweetheart! Of course, I'd honestly not expect you to believe me but this is how good things happen to good people with pure heart. Seriously. I count him as a blessing in my life. I've thought to myself "I can't possibly be this lucky..." (But he says I am his lucky charm! How sweet nah? That’s him btw)

But I am.

We've had a few bumpy rides of course. Some of them were likely the result of the fact that I simply hadn't made dating or vacation a priority for a long time. It was always the little things that are the reason for us to have differences BUT not about our love. But each time we've come away stronger, knowing each other better, and even more confident about our future. It's all part of the journey. I'm still in trepidation at the public and private responses that everyone elicited the moment they knew we were in relationship.

I'm incredibly happy that we managed to find each other at times in our lives when we were both ready to find each other. But even more than that, I'm excited about the future we're going to have together.

After we've been married for more than 3 weeks now, I can write a bit about our life-after-marriage. I’m blessed!! My parents, and godparents just reminded me to “give and take” and life will be blossoming with happiness and tranquility. Fair enough, it is true from my 3 weeks of experience as a wife. On the day of our wedding, I officially announced to the rest of family circle that Raj is my charming man! And honey, I must confess that I am proud to be your wife. And we will always be the envy of the rest (I bet you know who are they, right dear?!). This is already longer than I thought it'd be, so I wrap up my rantings here and return to my routine schedule. I will keep you all posted with occasional ranting--as soon as I come up with something.

I remember someone asked me once, “What made you to marry this guy”? I can think of plenty of reasons to marry this wonderful man. Wherever we go, we are beyond doubt christen as the ideal couple. And I love to hear it. Just as our idealness, we have captured our nuptials and reception in our unique way which has been the talk of the family and to some across the town (I know I don’t want to sound conceit but it is my pleasure to hear people singing praises for our effort to make it memorable).

Stay tuned for more snippets on wedding, reception and scores of of photos on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment