Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome, 2012!



Welcome 2012! It’s here. It felt like it was the beginning of year 2011 and now it has move into 2012. I can only imagine that a year from now will not go by any slower! So really, you have to just LIVE it up! You have to make the most of everyday! I have always made plans for New Year Eve but this time around, I decided to be low-key due to tiredness of last couple of days for my pre-wedding photo shoot and shopping for bridal attire. Now all I need is sound sleep and good rest!


Happy New Year! How did you ring in 2012? I tucked myself comfortably into my bed and fast asleep when the clock struck midnight. I've never been the one to party the night away (although I did during varsity days, not booze but fun-filled ones), much preferring to rest up and spring from bed on New Year's Day feeling refreshed, bright-eyed, and ready to set the tone for how I want to live the coming weeks and months. But I was delighted when several texts and calls from friends and family awoke me at 12:01 am!


After a flurry of back-and-forth best wishes, I slept 'til 9 am, and then spent a wonderful day yesterday in peaceful yet productive meditation. I organized the room cabinets, played with my doggie for awhile, took a nap after lunch, and thought a lot about my 2012 intentions. Because there's nothing like the start of another year to get us reflecting on what we'd like to do differently...


For me, 2011 was a huge time of upheaval, and I know that it was for many of you as well. Here's to a 2012 that feels more settled. Here's to creating stability, to taking care of ourselves and of each other, to finding the things big and small that make life easier and more enjoyable for us all. I'll be thinking and sharing more on this topic here, so stay tuned. Cheers to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment