Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 in Retrospect

2011 was such an amazing year. Reflecting on the year that has come to end, so many things have happened that I came up with key words that would best describe it.

Blessings. Surprises. Possibilities. Opportunities.-
Decisions. Beginnings. Farewell. Challenges.

I have tried to re-cap some of the moments that have taken place in the past year:

Research Project Recognition: I have been working on my research programme since I was attached to Sime Darby Quantum Leap from year 2008 but it was only in July 2011 that I got to rejoice the fruit of my work when the recognition of our team work was reflected in the form of my thesis being recognized and published in the plant journal. Publication is an important acknowledgement for researchers which we look for. I’m so thankful that my work has been recognized for its quality and contribution to our own oil palm breeding programme.

Refocused Career: I have finally made the leap over unlikely impasse in my job. The challenges came at a time when I felt that the sun was shining ever so brightly and it was time to move on and explore other opportunities. All I can say is that God certainly laid out His plans for me very well. He has such perfect timing! I am proud that I could handle so much of challenges in short time and never to let down my manager.

Engaged: And I thought that my days would be full of obligation-less, when I was taken off my feet by my dashing prince. I’m sorry guys; I’m engaged and no more single anymore! I felt jittery at first but after sometime I felt excited and on top of the world. Aside from my usual bubbly and carefree self, I was introduced to more responsibilities, as a soon to be wife. Not yet there but almost there! Ha-ha!! This paved the way for me to meet other lovely people from all over the family circle of my fiancĂ© who introduced me to his family with so much of pride. This also led me to fulfill my compulsion as his soul mate.

Weddings: My close friend; from first year varsity and my room mate ever since; another friend from my undergraduate class; tied the knot this year. I was part of the wedding celebration in two of these weddings. It was a lovely moment to see them hold hands with their loved ones.

Death: The family bid goodbye to my uncle (my aunt’s husband) who succumbed to acute liver disease. It was such a shock to us that he was diagnosed to quickly and to leave the family too fast. I take comfort in the fact that he is now beyond suffering, illnesses and pain and that he endured all these while. Only regret he has to leave behind his little princess who is barely 8 years old. Another death that made me realize that life is short is my best bud’s brother who succumbed to leukemia. I was devastated in the face of many deaths that happened throughout this year. I appreciate my life more and decided to take a optimistic approach to life since then.

Friends: I am a people-person. I have been blessed with friends who are supportive and who would stick with me through thick and thin. This year, I have been equally blessed by meeting new friends whom I actually feel that we have been such for so long. I don’t know, call it – karmic ties, having the same wavelength, just being comfortable with each other, or just simply hitting it off. I am just so happy to have these beautiful and wonderful people in my life. I’m forever thankful to God for sending them to me. Yeah me and my best girls had met get-together this year and our bond grew stronger..

My ‘Happiness Project’ entourage: It has been a year full of appointments, running up and down looking for wedding dates, venue selection and decorations. It was fun although quite tiring with lots of complicated decisions to be made. I learnt to do budgetting, wise decision making and not to trust others to do my work. My parents was definitely helping me with the preparations and management of things. Thank god for them or else I would be left in blues.

Pets are Blessings: 1st January 2011 welcomed a new member on board, my pet doggie. He is such a darling for all of us. Pets can really teach us humans what love is and gratefulness. I saw the unconditional affection in his eyes each day. It never fade and it is eternal. He brought joy to our household and makes life more fun!

Actually there was many more in year 2011. Just that I couldn’t recall many other happenings after a whole year.
So that was 2011 for me. Quite a year, huh? My heart is so grateful for all that has happened, be it good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment