Sunday, October 30, 2011

Living a Lie



During all these years, I have seen people from all walks of life become unfaithful and live a life with deception. Why? Their reason was, “there are too many hypocrites in this world.” As a result of ditching the doctrine of life, they themselves become the very person they are judgmental — a “hypocrite.” Sometime ago, someone I knew well, once came to my house by all means just to express disapproval of another family known to both of us. The next sentence was something I will never forget, “I am going to see them pay for what she has done to us – they’re all hypocrites there!”



To which now, it is not a surprise to see them join the club of hypocrites. I and mom just recalled the big hypocrite’s desperate call to find my house just to condemn the other circle of people. I can still remember word by word uttered in anger. There’s always room for one more hypocrite to fill in the gap. Hypocrites pretend to have a belief, opinions, virtues, qualities and feelings but in reality they don’t. They are just living a lie out of their deception of others.

Let’s look at this line of reasoning by asking ourselves this question: Are there not “hypocrites” in all walks of life? They exist on the public places, the highways, family circle and in business. They are everywhere. Although you may not eradicate them totally, yet you can’t stop from mingling with people, or driving your car, or working for a living because of them? Of course not, it wouldn’t be practical. We sometimes fail to notice the “hypocrisy” of our acquaintances, family members, colleagues when they cheat on their opinion and beliefs and we do not cease to pray the lord because the man of deception practices the belief of the same lord.



In the workplace, do we not see fellow employees who are not giving one hundred percent? Do we not see employees leaving work early, coming to work late or not showing up at all? What do we do? Do we quit our employment because there are “too many hypocrites” in our workplace? Certainly not. Do we stop socializing just because we see more of hypocrites walking past us and put into practice their deception? We faithfully espouse genuine conviction of life one hundred percent effort no matter what any other hypocrite does because that’s what the Lord requires of us.

I decided I would get out of the pool and let my presence be known. I smiled at my mother and said; at least you have seen what a hypocrite looks like and walked away. At least I have done my justice to let others know the identity of a hypocrite mingling in the crowd which is capable of moral double standards! It is a shame if you forget what you have bitched about others sometime back if in the end you fall into the same herd. Bravo hypocrite! You deserve a place in the hall of shame!

P.s. My note has got legs and could fly in through your mailboxes quite popularly. So look out for one. Call me a controversial writer or pretty tough woman with guts, at the end of the day; I am a woman of word whom speaks right on your face than writing letters behind your backs! Have fun reading and take the moral message across for your learning and not to create a chaos if you're a sensible and educated citizen of the society! Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment