Tuesday, September 13, 2011

One step at a time



Waiting can be nerve-cracking most of the time, especially when you’re awaiting a memorable event in another couple of months (with loads of work to be executed!!@#$%&).

Walking down the aisle can seem endless, loaded with challenges, confusion and at some point of time; we possibly will be faced with stumbling block. This is when “working out differences, getting on pretty well (i.e. what married folks say when they are having frequent talks and bonding time) and give-and-take, can iron out things neatly for what supposed to a happy, joyous journey. There is no single journey without ups and downs.



With this union, each day gracefully passes by with more challenges and it’s a learning curve. I waited for 4 years before I could confidently introduce my other half and officially declare my soul mate to my family. And I anxiously waited for the right time after 4 years of LD dating – I would be able to breathe a sigh of relief knowing that I was in the “safe(r) zone.” To my surprise, dad was very excited and encouraging in the union. I know dad as someone very conservative and adamant when comes to selecting the right match for his daughters. We are his little princess whom he still pampers us and regards as babies till now. So, knowing his consent and how comfortable he was with my other half, I realized he trust in my decision and me. On the other hand, mom is more flexible and understanding. She fits so comfortably with by getting-to-know him with more confidence. All my life, I am grateful for being blessed with a wonderful family and not even a single day I regretted. My parents are my closest buddies and confidante since young. And now I am gifted with another beautiful soul into the family, not other than my ‘partner in crime’!


At that moment, I know I have made the right choice and parents saw me that I am a grown-up girl now. I feel the excitement as if I succeeded in the exams with flying colors across the bright blue sky! Above all this, I must thank God for giving me my love of my life and also a son for my parents. Family is important to me as I have grown up in a close-knit family and we shared a very special bond that outshines in my life.

Walking up the altar is a beautiful journey yet there is various essence need to polished and learnt along the way before we reach the destination. After a year of delay of our wedding plans, things finally kick-started last December. It started with both families meet up and getting to know session, things move on to look for auspicious date for our big day, our horoscope compatibility etc etc. The countdown now is 10 weeks to go, to our very first event, the engagement! Its ecstatic but freaking me out too. I would describe it a cocktail of feelings– fear, excitement, anxiety, and anticipation for the BIG DAY.

Sometimes stress tiredness and thoughts of – How on earth am I going to arrange a close-to-perfect event? How am I going to get things done on time? Did I miss out anything in the checklist? Checklists, things to do, time-lines, registries, pre-wedding party and there is plenty to go...Oh no!! My gut says, I can do it, which I believe so. I will take it one step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment