Friday, September 30, 2011

Obvious Ad-Hoc Tendency at Workplace



It is a favorite trend in my workplace to come up with the eleventh hour announcements especially for meetings or project reviews. I just don’t get it what does it take to inform the subordinates about something coming up their way which needs their input. Of course some believes that most of us do work when we are under pressure. But it does not work that way all the time. We have stacked up workloads on our workstations. And out of blue, we need to toss all that we are doing now out of our mind and start working on latest task. This is not an easy feat! Last-minute work is not my call.

I am not a perfectionist yet when it comes to work; we need to manage our work frame efficiently. I find doing things at the eleventh hour does not reflect a good management of time and also it will impinge on the quality of work. Ad hoc meetings, project alignments, new decree or taskforce reporting comes at last minute which leaves us mind-boggled most of the time.

Three weeks back, we were given hint on the possible project review with a panel of managers has been on the plan. When the time comes, they will announce to us the agenda and requisites for us to prepare in advance. However, only yesterday we received the email notification to inform my project members that the review is on Monday?!! Can you imagine this? Mere madness! What is on their mind to afflict us with last minute assignment? Thank God I knew something like this will be coming unexpectedly which made my team to sit and brainstorm on our comprehensive Gantt chart and KPI for our review. Today makes me even moody and annoyed with the ad hoc style of our company.

We are into 3rd quarter of our financial year with my project taskforce which has taken a huge twist. It has been like we are on a bumpy road ride for the past few months with so many abrupt changes (and also absence of our capable project leader) and various technical glitches. I have already become so numb with all these setbacks. Challenging. Unexpected. Annoying.
At times it takes away my focus and makes me void. But I get up these days with a force and spirit to fight like a warrior. I see goodness in times of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment