Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Days of Countdown Begins



Just two months to go for the big day. I am already having cold feet and feeling edgy. All this while, I was very excited and have been hopping up and down with the agenda line-up. But as it gets closer, I can feel butterflies in the stomach and sleepless nights becoming a norm these days; simply because, this nuptial brings a lot of responsibilities and dedication for young women like me. Gone will be the days of my carefree, ignorant and take-it-easy life. I am a girl with easy-go attitude and don’t fuss around much. I live each day to the brim and follow my heart. ‘Carpe diem’ elucidates my way of life.

Of course, this nuptial will not change the person I am yesterday, today or tomorrow. I will be the same authentic self but with enrich qualities as in to fit into a real family life. This does not imply that I had not been one. I had been nurtured well by my parents but at the same time, I and my sister were pampered and overprotected till we didn’t had the full opportunity to express our maturity at times (it doesn’t mean we totally depend on parents, since I am rebel kid whom seeks my liberty every now and then). Even then life has taught me a lot in this challenging world. Sometimes my dad be in awe of his princess (definitely ME) by the way I handle things in life and my courage reminds him of himself when he was younger. Dad still can’t believe that his daughter has grown up into a young women and ready to jump into the next phase of life.

I, myself couldn’t believe that time flies and now it’s my time to walk up the aisle. I had been the one whom sits at the banquet table and witness the solemnization of newly wedded couples with joy. And didn’t really give it a thought what it would feel to be one! Now it does! Beneath the panache of the celebration, lies the essence of the significant day. When my other half ring a bell yesterday morning about the ‘day’ which is two months from now, I was in a bundle of nerves. Oh jeez! So fast! All I could do was to shoo him away to conceal my edginess. But at the end of the day, I could muster my poise and raise my spirits to say ‘C’mon girl, it’s the next phase of life for each and every one of us. Let’s not get too vexed about it. After all, it is a brand new excitement package waiting for us!



So, now I have officially been overtaken by wedding fever. With about 60 days to go, the countdown to the ‘day’ just seems to be flying by. I have already made arrangements for most of the big items for the day, I am yet to get my outfit, so it's a little bittersweet knowing that the excitement of searching for the perfect outfit is far from over. So, I decided to take a break from the frenzy of nuptial planning & have a little fun by counting down my other miscellaneous items that seem to be forgotten naively. I had always secretly hoped for a cozy and intimate affair. Only the closest, nearest and dearest all coming together and sharing the happiness in honor of our love solemnization. I can just picture it. Yet both of us being the eldest in both families, we are attach to strings of respect, dreams and love by our elders to make it a big celebration. It will no doubt be one of the best days of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment