Sunday, August 28, 2011

Death Note Comes So Sudden


Saturday, 20th August, 2011. It was a cold Saturday morning where I plan to sleep a lil longer than usual. Out of the bolt, I heard my phone beeping. “Beep...Beep”….Tone of my SMS ring through my ear faintly. I reach out to my mobile by my bedside only to be awakened with alarming news. I got a text, from a good friend of mine. The message was short but shocking. “Sathyan passed away this morning”. All I knew was the next thing I was up on my bed with wide glances across my window. I felt heavy at heart and my emotions raced down to hit the low key. I rubbed my eyes quickly, still sitting on my bed to digest the sad news. It came all of sudden. Even the day strike a chord with the demise of my friend’s brother. It was cold and gloomy. He'd died at 8.15am in the bed of hospital. I was stunned. All kinds of questions were racing through my mind. A burst of emotions became evident in the next few hours. I had to break the news to mom. My friend and I had been friends since we first met in varsity somewhere in year 2003. We were not only roommates but classmate n good friends ever since, till the point where we both were recognized as twin sisters’ to the lecturers and classmates. Our friendship did not end just then and there but I was introduced to her family as well. On weekends where I don’t get to go back KL, she will not allow me to be alone in the hostel and by all means will drag me to her brother’s house in Penang. That was when I got to know all her 3 brothers (she is the pampered younger sister).



When I walked down the stairs to the hall, I broke the news to mom. And I must say her reactions was just as the same as mine. She slumped down the couch and uttered, “Oh god must bless his soul after what he went through for more than a year”. Life is so short right, that’s what we both felt. Mom and I sat for awhile in front of TV with remorse feeling and we immediately felt the pain of their family members. It is not easy to lose a loved one who is so young and has a lot to go in his life. Imagine the parents, siblings and especially his wife to face with the harsh reality of a permanent void in their life after his demise. There is no words that can console them at this moment but only time will tell and heal their sorrow.
Sathyan was the third brother of my friend. He was young and ambitious. And he was a talented photographer whom established his own photography skills. Despite not knowing very well in person, he was a nice soul whom I always thought as brother. He once came to our house (where I and my friend rented during our 2nd year of uni) to offer his kind help to configure the broadband access for our laptops.
My heartfelt condolence goes all out to my friend and her family during these hard times. One thing is sure that, He will make other people smile in his new place. That's why he was brought back there simply because God loved him more. May his soul rest in peace. May God grant his wife and family the strength to move on. Only time heals the pain and the void created.

No comments:

Post a Comment