Monday, August 29, 2011

Are you finding it hard to shirk off the festive mood?

Then you’re not the only one. Although festive season is a time to look forward for a celebration with loved ones, but more so, it’s a time for goodwill, nostalgia and hope. Once again, our fellow Muslim is celebrating Edul Fitri on 30th and 31st of August, 2011 which the latter coincides with our National Day Celebration. Definitely, everyone has been on festive mood since last week by getting themselves busy on the eleventh hour of preparation.
Monday seems cold and less energetic since everyone has put on their fiesta cap and can’t wait for the Eidul Fitr holidays (just like me to get my beauty sleep, he,he). To make things worse, it was raining when I hit the KL-Seremban Highway. At the back of my mind, all I could do was imagine, “How I wish I was on my bed clutching onto my pillow”? *Snap back to reality* I have a day; just barely 8 hours before I could cruise back home for 3 days of break! That’s tempting and made me full of zest to complete my day as I have line up my work agenda.
Once I reach at Gate 7 of Silicon Avenue, I was frustrated to see the gates closed with a board stating its closure but not an indication to notify us (those working people based in MTDC. What an inconsiderate management of the university!!) with regards to other route to MTDC building! Closure announcement should be made a week prior to all concerned. The management should consider about other people’s sensitivities. Malaysia is a multiracial country and not all the citizens go for a week holiday to celebrate Eidul Fitr (unless we are given holidays!). Luckily I found someone else who was right in front of me with the same dilemma and apparently knows the alternative route (a blind guess perhaps which sounds so silly but I had to take the chances since I had no choice,). It was a long winded route through the university student hostel, Kolej 14 but somehow I ended up on Silicon Avenue at the juncture to my office! I was glad since I don’t need to drive back another 37km + unnecessary toll in case I had no other options to get to my office! What a day to start with? But to my relief, I was not the only one unaware of the alternate route but most of my colleagues too. Some was trailing behind someone else to get to office and much to my amusement, some had to be rescued from getting lost somewhere far away (one of my colleagues: p). A funny day to start with.
I end up in front of my laptop to complete my genetic analysis while music kept me company in this rather offbeat mood. It’s already half past 1 and halfway through the day. Just another 4 hrs to go. So come on, let it out and tune in for the work mood! Happy Celebrating Eidul Fitr and National Day, peeps! Cheerios…

No comments:

Post a Comment