Monday, July 2, 2012

It’s Monday and there is so much to do yet I feel the drag

I promised myself last night that I will put on my best attitude and a wide smile for Monday (and not to be moody). Yet once again it was a failed effort no matter how hard I tried.  You know the usual attributes with the blues, sulky and feeling lost. To make things worse, it has been super busy period for past couple of weeks where I have way too much work, because of all the work I need to do in the coming weeks. Last Friday I put off some on hold till Monday comes because I was simply too sluggish, tired and looking forward to the weekend. Come what may, I believed that Monday would make it all better.

When the alarm rang at 6am on Monday morning, I wake up with a heavy heart and hollow feeling hating life and work and everything about it that might be responsible for me being moody. Here it goes my typical Monday in the not-so-good ambiance. I kicked off my blanket, got out of bed, took a shower thinking it might help to cheer me up by the time I step outta my house for work. Only to find it didn’t make a difference at all. Now, finally awake and aware this is how my life is and I have to go on even though it’s a drag. Perhaps, it is just about the thoughts and I quickly made an effort to jazz up my spirits with some inspiring thoughts, listening to the whacky Djs of FlyFm radio station and also fast beat songs that somehow kicked my energy level. Now I need to get my ass down to working and keeping my mind focused. 
One thing that got me perked up was the victory of my favorite Spain team. Viva la Espana! I and my husband were excitedly discussing about Spain’s players line-up and predicted that they will be the Euro 2012 winner with their top form of players. Spain has yet again proved their skills and the glory is shining ever since the last World Cup. My husband was amazed that I watch football not for good looking players but more into the quintessence of the game. I admit I don’t really know the nitty-gritty details of football rules but I can make with what it is about fairly. Since my husband is an avid football fan, he got excited when he knew I do enjoy football to some extent and he believes that I would be his best companion in near future (also to refill his coffee/snacks/ bites, hehehe).

Just as I step into the office, while grabbing my usual coffee from the coffee maker, I just realize how challenging one’s life can be. Most of my friends are married, some with a child and some still savoring their singlehood. Some of us have a stable career of passion; some still studying (God knows till when) and some are still job-hopping. Suddenly I feel most of us are already hitting the 30s and time to plan for a more secured life in terms of career development, fiscal future and also family life. Oh no! So many things are running up and about in my little head and this was definitely not my normal Monday. What has got into me? Perhaps it all popped from last week’s brainstorming discussions. My career is moving into a more challenging phase with the next 6 months. My marital life needs a clear direction as it is fairly difficult to live far away from my sweetheart. We both need each other so much as well as getting into the family life ahead.  

But we both are very understanding when it comes to our life planning. My husband is very encouraging and aspiring when it comes to progress in life for a better future. Hope this is not for too long. Missed you more than ever today.

No comments:

Post a Comment