Monday, September 5, 2011

Catch-22

Reflecting on August and I could recall how edgy I felt at that period of time.
I was engulfed by a sense of sullenness. This feeling has been there for awhile and it took quite some time for me to let go of it. You might be wondering what the hullabaloo is all about. No …Nothing about my completed annual appraisals, increment or bonus. The buzz I had been hearing about the windfall this year seems to bring buoyant feeling. I know I had performed to the best I could and whatever will be, it will be. I have no qualms about it at all.
August this year was rather a time for change in my project work plan which actually made me bump into a crossroad. As the cliché goes in and out all the time, ‘Life is not a bed of roses’ keeps flashing in my mind from time to time. How can we ever deny the fact? Just a year back I and my team struggled to get our project focus to be aligned according to the company’s value and goal; everything was smooth and shining in glory. And then comes a dilemma which was good enough to spark for another reshuffling. The issue is still in vague and waiting to be cleared by the rightful management team. Till then we are just waiting and for all you know, WAITING is PAINFUL and also discouraging. Hope for a promising upshot, did not put me and other team mate from moving on.



That’s not the end to my jitters. What do you do when your plans don't work out the way you want it to be? From young, I was taught to plan and work our way through it. I am advised to plan for higher academic program, a career, a family, relationships and a thousand other things throughout my life journey. Sometimes our plans don't work out. How do you deal with the predicaments encountered in life then? Somehow or rather, we should navigate through the life predicaments to our best. That is what I have encountered throughout my life. And I would never regret coz everything happens for a reason and it’s a lesson worth learning. Sometimes, the series of events unfolding unexpectedly makes me feel like I’m standing on the high-voltage power retention compartment! Yet, I would praise my ignorance to make me take things easy peasy!! (Mom says my nature of ignorance is just something none of them can understand! To me this is my unique nature and it helps me in certain scenarios) *Glee*


When all's said and done, August is a month that will be etched in my mind for giving me the opportunity to realize my perseverance and endurance in the face of uncertainty! I know I am one tough person but it needs constant reminder to get me going. “When the going gets tough, the tough gets going”, a saying my dad loves to quote us when we was younger. It reminds me how he influenced me to be a bold, independent and tough person. And this what I am right now.
Way to go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment