Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sayonara February

It was like yesterday when February came. All the excitements building up within me were electrifying then. But in a blink of an eye, February left with a promise to be back next year for more memorable one. What is so special about this month?



February is beyond doubt, a month of celebration and epitome of love. When January gets ready to leave, the arrival of February is sensationalized by the emblem of love and splashes of red-pink in every nook and corner of shopping malls, billboards, adverts, magazines and etc. Fancy gifts, resembling the heart or cupid with his love struck arrow are found to be abundant all over the places. Although it brings the celebration of love for many, February brings a plethora of birthday celebrations among my social network. To the skepticism of many, February sees the birth of fantastic people around me. Right from the 4th of February till the very last week of the month, it brings a sense of bliss to share the birthday in the same month.



The best days of birthday celebrations were during my varsity days. I can recall how we used to celebrate each of our classmates birthday each month. And since February has the most number of babies which shares the same birthday ‘tiara’, you can imagine the large celebration or ‘havoc’ made in this month. I can still remember the nightmare when our birthday approaches. This is simply because when we become the celebrated person, a string of ‘bizarre’ ideas pop into your friends ‘evil’ mind…Evil here metaphorically means out of the ordinary plan to paint your birthday celebration with what-not-you-least-expect. How can I forget my 21st birthday celebration at my first year in varsity…Despite being away from home for the first time in my lifetime, my friends back then didn’t let my reminiscent self to control me. Instead, they went an extra mile just to make my 21st the most memorable and awe-inspiring day. Thanks a bunch my first year mates! The midnight ‘flour’ treatment followed by water drenches with deafening screams on top of your lungs! It’s hilarious when I recall it at this moment. But at that nick of time, I was so stunned and vexed with the sheer thought of removing the sticky flour-water blend on my favorite tee! Hahahah.. Very stereotype for young lass about her looks and her favorite stuffs….Wait a minute! The celebration doesn’t end there! Its nightmarish, trust me.. Birthday gathering for the whole bunch of February babies comes masking with customary cake-cutting for all of us with a huge cake ( You might wonder why did I mention ‘masking’, coz truth is yet to unfold). Right after that, there will sweet surprises like cute gifts, lovely food and celebration becomes crazier. Crazier? What does it sound to you like? Of course the REAL celebration starts with splashing each other with fizzy drinks, flour (plenty of stock), whatever left over food/drinks they can lay their hands off just to ‘treat’ the birthday babies….
Gone are the days…when you’re younger, you will be loved to have such fun and nerve-cracking celebrations…but as you grow older, I tend to prefer a simple, quiet celebration with a fine classic dinner, lovely hugs from loved ones, and sweet wishes from your good friends in the form of SMS, emails or snail mail. Nothing beats than having your postman honk at your gate to deliver greeting card. And by god’s grace, I still do have those privileges in my life. It’s a gift of God. And I truly cherish it.


To double my happiness, Valentine’s Day comes knocking on my door with a sense of being loved by my better half. It’s a month of love, celebration, with loads of gift and memories treasured. Its definitely a busy month for me to sit back and enjoy like a holiday month. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment