Sunday, March 20, 2011

Every Little Thing is Magic



Dusk just set in with a lovely hue, I am sitting by my coffee table, sipping a nice homemade coffee, listening to an album by Richard Claydermans’ beautiful masterpiece. I think, without a doubt, it’s the most relaxing thing to do after a hard day’s work. Here I am stretching my legs on the couch, cuddled by soft cushion and pampered by soothing music for the tired soul.

I sometimes wonder as I enjoy listening to the rain pelting outside my garden, or a good sunset, how are others doing out there. I don’t mean the destitute in this context. More like the people who are in rush hours, caught in the jam, especially when it rains heavy, deadlines to meet at work, projects to complete etc. I guess they must be enjoying their working life in their own way.
Memories comes flows in when I contemplate on my good ol’ varsity days. No matter how much I move on with my next phase of life, nothing is more precious than academic years. My corporate working life is entirely different, I agree! The commitments, deliverables of company key projects (KPIs), CSR, and then moving into family obligations, household errands etc, which makes us tied up with life essential compulsions. Despite all the good things in life, we are all accountable to face the other face of reality which is adversity. Life will not be a bed of roses all the time. Just take a time off and ponder on the plights of Japanese at this moment. It’s so heart-wrenching to read news of agonizing loved ones identifying their lifeless bodies in the debris. It is not easy to see your loved ones in such a situation. I had been closely following the news of the crippling disaster that strike the brave nation leaving them speechless. At one moment, they were living in happiness and lavishness, and in a blink of an eye, unimaginable devastation shook the nation into shambles. At the wake of one of the most destructive nature’s wrath, I am grateful for my life which is a real blessing. One great life lesson that I learnt is “We are renting on this earth and one day we need to vacant this place. Along the way, we don’t bring anything with us; unless you can take the loads of cash that you earn with you to the afterlife, (mockingly).
The politics, back stabbings, jealousy, selfish principles and ungratefulness are not something you want to cherish and or even spare a second thought. Why waste your precious time and energy on fools that practice those convictions. I even once encountered with morons where they spend ¾ quarter of their life sniffing on other people’s back. “Get a life, ppl”! I got no time for those people. I have so much to achieve in my life and obligations for my family, why do I need to be like the rest?! Instead I value every little thing right from admiring the nature’s beauty, a cosy time with loved ones every night to catch up with each other after a day’s work, till the weekend getaway to strengthen our bonding.

So if you can, get out of that rat race and look into your own business, then you might progress in life instead of checking out other people’s back will not bring you anywhere. Maybe one day you too can enjoy a lovely cup of coffee with tranquility and listen to a nice smooth Jazz music at home or something you love doing in your extra free time. Maybe do some charity work or even think of spending your time with something constructive (rather than busy being nosey into other people’s affair, I suppose).
Make your life count, don’t live to regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment